Posted by : LordHman's Blog Tuesday 4 December 2012

My desk was located at the back of the class and this provided me with a good view of all the girls in the class. Come to think of it, they weren’t really endowed back then but we had to make do with what we had. Back then, it never crossed my mind that I needed a girlfriend. I was a jovial person and had a good rapport with the girls in my class. I never wanted to rock the boat; I was content with this arrangement.

There was this girl I liked in my class but I didn’t bother to share it with anyone. I never day dreamed about her ‘cos I knew it was a waste of my precious time. She was the daughter of an influential personality in the state but I never felt intimidated by her in any way. She was the most brilliant student in my class but I wasn’t a dull student either.
The girls in the junior secondary school wore pinafores so we couldn’t really assess the quality of their natural endowments but this chic was fine. She was light-skinned and of average height. Her school uniform was always neat no matter the hour of the day. Whenever I saw her my naïve heart will skip a beat.

Despite what I felt for her and I never intended to ask her out. Then I was involved with other chicks from other schools but it wasn’t a formal relationship. However, on this fateful day my friend came to chat with me at the back of the class and we started discussing about the girls (it was during break-time) . He then dropped the bomb on my ‘Japanese’ heart when he told me the girl might be interested in me. At the point I couldn’t breathe (J. holiday’s “suffocate” was the soundtrack of that moment) . With this piece of info added to my store house of knowledge, I decided to make my move.

After school hours, I walked up to her and told her how I felt (no blame me o! na JSS 3 parole) I didn’t ‘long things’ at all. She didn’t behave like the others – who’ll just laugh at you and tell you to get lost. She said “I’ll think about it” - this statement made my day. At home, my mother had to ask me why I was so happy (bobo was high on the feeling of love) .
I saw her the next day at school and I couldn’t hold back the smile. I lit up like a Christmas tree but she acted normal. I assisted her when she needed it and tried to have one-on-one time with her whenever it was possible. The fact was I had competition from within my class and outside of my class. However, word travelled fast. It had become public knowledge in the class but she wasn’t embarrassed (no be me tell anybody o!).

Nonetheless, the reply wasn’t forthcoming, a week had gone by and my fate with her wasn’t decided yet. The following week, I decided to broach the subject diplomatically and see what happens. Later that day, we talked and she decided to give me a reply (fear begin dey catch bros) . After her long speech (smart girl, she used the long speech to placate me) she told me it wasn’t possible.
After I heard the word ‘NO’, I spaced out instantly; I didn’t hear any other thing she said. I just stood up and went to another class. At home, my mother had to ask why I was so gloomy but I didn’t have the heart to explain (she no send me go school to dey look for girl).

I just thought to myself “She told me, NO” . We didn’t talk for a period of time – our paths failed to cross in a class of 20 students. But, I overcame the pain and the throbbing in my heart. The next time we met, I spoke to her first and she replied like nothing happened. From that very day, I also believed nothing happened. However, I told myself that will be my last ‘No’ and if a girl ever told me ‘No’ that will be all, there’s no need to persevere or become a pest.

Posted from WordPress for BlackBerry using Airtel Nigeria.

Leave a Reply

What do you think about the above post?? Pls dont forget to comment with your name. Hman says so brrrr!

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Popular Post

Blogger templates

Powered by Blogger.

label

h

- Copyright © This is me......The cocky me. -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -