Posted by : LordHman's Blog Friday 24 May 2013


Even though the forces of nature sometimes destroy the beauty of the world, we still appreciate the times that we were happy and thank God for giving us the good old memories to muse over and merry in.
In retrospect….She was my first love

The age was seven and the class was primary Four.

3 Significant things, difficult to forget happened that year. It was the first and only time I topped the class, it was the first and only time I won a prize and it was the first and only time I had an almost perfect friend and lost her.

Her name was Obasa.

She was my classmate, new in the school, Ebony-like in complexion and I thought she had behavioural problems because she was really slow with everything she did, both academically, in movement and in speech. Everyone in class saw her as a ‘dollard’ who could not comprehend a thing and struggled to be a step ahead of the least. I didn’t see her that way.

Maybe I was biased. Why shouldn’t I be? She was beautiful and always had that look in her eyes like the looks I saw in the eyes of the hollywood actresses. She reminded me of the movie ‘ANNIE’ whenever I looked at her.

My likeness for Obasa grew and I was always happy going to school every morning. My mum thought I had suddenly fallen in love with school. It wasn’t school mum, it was Obasa.

I shared my biscuits with her on one of her lonely breaks and from that day, we became friends. Only then did I discover she wasn’t the ‘isi aki’ everyone thought she was. We grew from class mates to friends and from friends to close friends. She neglected the girls when they called her ‘spoilt’ for preffering the company of the opposite sex during break and I neglected the boys when they called me ‘woman wrapper’ for choosing her instead of playing ‘police and thief’ with them.

Soon, my Obasa began to bloom academically, proving my instincts right and proving the other pupils wrong. She must have needed time to settle in properly which I guess was the reason for her initial poor scores. I liked her even more after her breakthrough.

We used to walk home together, holding her younger ones and sharing tales we wouldn’t tell the others at school.

She became my best friend as we fondly called it back then. We shared biscuits, talked about things appropriate for our ages, and sometimes, I resisted the urge to do those things I saw people do in movies to her. Yea, I resisted the urge to kiss her.

During the Christmas holidays, I volunteered to follow my aunty whenever she was going to the market because I knew we would always pass her house along the route. I used to peep in and wave if I saw her but if not, I’ll just go to the market feeling the pains of an unfulfilled mission.

This I did until she travelled to her village to spend the new year. I waited patiently. Built up my courage and rehearsed a scene on how I’ll kiss her when she returns. I didn’t know much about love, I was too young to know but the feelings I had for her was next to love if it wasn’t love.

Then…

The day of resumption… Three days…. One week…. Two weeks…. Absence.

Then an OBITYARY… *sigh*

Her ebony-lit face, smiling in black and white with her mother and siblings. The siblings I used to hold. It was her, involved in a ghastly motor accident, burnt beyond recognition. Number plates, tooth and other little clues were used to identify them.

Her family was wiped and I couldn’t hold back as hot tears filled my eyes. I knew what death was at seven and it meant I’ll never see her or her little ones again. I’ll never get to kiss her.

And I went to school everyday, looking at her vacant seat, wishing she could come back so that we can walk home together like we always did but it never happened. I walked home alone, lonely and sad. Memories of our three months old friendship flooded my head each time I walked home and tears were forced to fall sometimes.

Back to present…

That is how I remember it. Thanks to childhood innocence, I wasn’t depressed for so long even though my academic performance that term was a little below my usual performance and I lost that zeal for school that mummy loved. I still remember her every now and then. Even till this day, the memories flood back sometimes and each time I remember her, I feel happy for the opportunity to have had that kind of friend. Soft spoken and strong, intelligent and wonderful and lest I forget, beautiful.

"She was my first love"

Sent from my BlackBerry wireless devic

{ 5 comments... read them below or Comment }

  1. I contact Dr.Agbazara when i had of him and This was even faster than I could dream of. Thank you for taking time to listen to me and answering all my emails Dr.Agbazara. I feel emotional strong again. My confidence is back and I can see my future clearly now. I am forever grateful for your help in re-uniting me with my lover who divorced and left me years ago for another woman. you will see for your self what am saying when you contact this great spell caster called Dr.Agbazara on for any help at: ( agbazara@gmail.com ) OR call or add on WHATSAPP: +2348104102662 ) and get your problems solved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Husband was so smooth at hiding his infidelity so I had no proof for months, I was referred to some Private investigator  and decided to give him a try.. the result was incredible because all my cheating husband's text messages, whatsapp, facebook and even phone conversations was wired directly to my cellphone. (worldcyberhackers@gmail.com ) Mr James helped me put a round-the-clock monitoring on him and I got concrete evidence and gave it to my lawyer..if your husband is an expert at hiding his cheating adventures contact Mr James via Email



    ReplyDelete
  3. never knew that a phone could be hacked without having physical access with it, all this hacker asked for were a few information on my partner to got into the phone. I immediately contacted him and got everything that my fiancee had been hiding,She was having an affair with 2 other men which was sickening I must say..

    I can confidently recommend for any one interested in hacking any device, app,upgrade of school result and credit score upgrade.He would be willing to help you.You can contact him via his details below

    Gmail-HACKINTECHNOLOGY@gmail.com.

    +16692252253

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sugar Mummy is Real!!!
    Do you need Sugar Mummy/Daddy? Hurry up now and contact Mrs Sandra on (08140553826) she just linked/hooked me up with a rich sugar mummy after I have been played/scamed online by some other people all the name of sugar mummy, no much talks hurry up now call her (Mrs. Sandra) on (+2348140553826) and testify/see for your own self don’t waist time, she is genuine, just follow her rules and in 24hours she will link you up! Allah she is nice.

    ReplyDelete

  5. I Basically think we all don't have to face all these deceit and lies from our spouse...in a case of mine wen i got sick and tired of all the lies and deceit i had to contact a friend of mine to get me the contact of one of the best hackers in the states ..then i met ethicalhackers009@gmail.com..He saved me from the lies of my cheating husband by hacking his phone..Incase you need help with hacking any phone or account or other jobs contact him via email/phone (ETHICALHACKERS009@GMAIL.COM) or +1 845 643 6145Tell him i reffered you.He will help you

    ReplyDelete

What do you think about the above post?? Pls dont forget to comment with your name. Hman says so brrrr!

Popular Post

Blogger templates

Powered by Blogger.

label

h

- Copyright © This is me......The cocky me. -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -