Posted by : LordHman's Blog Thursday 28 June 2012



Asking for a date directly can have a good chance of success (Experience baby!), it can also be awkward and difficult. Therefore, some people prefer to take a more "indirect" approach to asking out a love interest (especially those who are shy or have some social anxiety). A less direct approach takes some of the risk and uncertainty out of the requesting. It can also make the process easier.

Fortunately, there are strategies and social skills to covertly ask for what you want have always worked for me. In fact, there are a number of compliance gaining strategies (ways to get others to do what you want) - some that don't require directly asking at all . Below, I will highlight some of these strategies i have  applied and how i have used  them to getting a date (with examples of "weaker" and "stronger" technique interpretations).

1) Suggest - This involves getting a date by making indirect suggestions. You get Her to do what you want by proposing it subtly as an alternative.

Example:
You: What do you have going on this weekend?
Her: I was thinking about going bowling.
You: That sounds fun. I'm going to the movies to see (movie title). Maybe you'd like to go too?

Or (stronger)...
You: What do you have going on this weekend?
Her: I was thinking about going bowling.
You: That sounds fun. Or, we could go to the movies. The new one coming out looks cool...

2) Their Idea - This strategy makes someone think the request was their idea in the first place. They are left thinking they wanted to do it to begin with.

Example:
You: Do you know any good places to get correct Eba and Egusi Soup? I'd really like some.
Her: Yea, I love the food at Mama Bisi's. Go there.
You: That is a great suggestion. Since you like it, maybe we could go together?

Or (stronger)...
You: Do you know any good places to get correct Eba and Egusi Soup ? I'd really like some.
Her: Yea, I love the food at Mama Bisi's. Go there.
You: That's a great suggestion. We should definitely go. When are you free?

3) Why Not? - This approach gets someone to do what you want by putting Her on the defensive. It turns the tables and has Her try to come up with reasons why they shouldn't comply (which is difficult). Essentially, you're asking Her "why not"?

Example:
You: This weekend is supposed to be nice and that new restaurant opened up downtown. I don't see any reason why we shouldn't go check it out.

Or (stronger)...
You: You're single. I'm single. Why don't we go out sometime?

4) Benefit - This technique gains compliance by explaining a benefit for the person you are trying to convince. It is telling Her "what is in it for Her".

Example:
You: They have great ice creams at the palms. You might want to try it some time.
Her: That sounds good. I think I will.
You: Great. I would love another cup myself. Maybe we could go together? I'm free on Tuesday after class.

Or (stronger)...
You: You should really check out the palms, they have great Ice creams.
Her: That sounds good. I think I will.
You: Great. I would love another cup myself. We can go on Tuesday after class.

5) Challenge - This strategy works by challenging others to do what you want Her to do. Think of it like a fun "dare", bet, or competition.

Example:
You: I bet you can't come up with a better first date than I can. I would...(explain your date). What would you do?
Her: I would...(explains date).
You: That sounds cool. Ok, you win. Actually, I'd really like to do that. Maybe we should really go? What do you think?

Or (stronger)...
You: I bet you can't come up with a better first date than I can. I would...(explain your date). What would you do?
Her: I would...(explains date).
You: That sounds cool. Ok, you win. We'll go on your date. What time should I meet you?
Conclusion

These techniques are both indirect and effective. But, I offer a caution before you use Her. While they avoid the awkwardness of asking directly, they can be construed by some as a bit manipulative (especially the "stronger" versions). So, remember to use Her with a smile, in a flirty, light-hearted way (like you're trying to be cute, not trying to con Her). Even so, you may still "turn off" some possible romantic partners who prefer a more direct and "authentic" approach. Others, however, find the same strategies clever, flirty, and attractive. Ultimately, it is your call (and your tradeoff) between the direct and indirect approach. Good luck either way :-)

{ 2 comments... read them below or Comment }

  1. Hello, good day to every one this is Mr Ben Race an agent in terms of getting sugar mummy any were in Nigeria, so if you know that you need a real sugar mummy or daddy call me today on 08076265935 for me information on how to get one thanks.

    ReplyDelete

  2. My husband and i got Married last year and we have been living happily for a while. We used to be free with everything and never kept any secret from each other until recently everything changed when he got a new Job in NewYork 2 months ago. He has been avoiding my calls and told me he is working,i got suspicious when i saw a comment of a woman on his Facebook Picture and the way he replied her. I asked my husband about it and he told me that she is co-worker in his organization,We had a big argument and he has not been picking my calls,this went on for long until one day i decided to notify my friend about this and that was how she introduced me to Mr James(Worldcyberhackers@gmail.com) a Private Investigator  who helped her when she was having issues with her Husband. I never believed he could do it but until i gave him my husbands Mobile phone number. He proved to me by hacking into my husbands phone. where i found so many evidence and  proof in his Text messages, Emails and pictures that my husband has an affairs with another woman.i have sent all the evidence to our lawyer. I just want to thank Mr James for helping me because i have all the evidence and proof for my lawyer,I Feel so sad about infidelity.


    ReplyDelete

What do you think about the above post?? Pls dont forget to comment with your name. Hman says so brrrr!

Popular Post

Blogger templates

Powered by Blogger.

label

h

- Copyright © This is me......The cocky me. -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -