Posted by : LordHman's Blog Sunday 28 April 2013

image



T’was late last night when I went to sleep
I’d been so worked up so I slept too deep
I was oblivious of my phone’s “beep-beep”
And I did not know someone’d come to peep
He opened my door and in did creep

He had no idea someone else’d been there
Sitting cool and calm at my bed’s far rear
Watching o’er me like He really did care
Guards around my bed and He on a chair
The later guest, perplexed, became full offear

The later guest was He; who the earth does rule
And he’d used me once as a living tool
I had played along; yes, I’d been a fool
But traced back my steps to the cleansing pool
And the former guest had welcomed me;calm and cool

The later guest is known for untold evil
So craftily, he makes danger beautiful
Oh, how he entices little by little
And often, he traps naïve people
He is none other than the fiend, Devil

He thought he’d been smart but this left him shocked
His plans had been foiled and he was provoked
He would not relent though his way wasblocked
So he told the lies which in him were stocked
And when that failed him, then I he mocked

“Master, Lord” said he, “What doeth thou
This servant of yours is alone but foul
He has done much wrong and kept not his vow
If you’d love to know, I could tell you how
If you doubt my words, check his file right now”

So my file brought they, for my deeds to check
I had done much wrong; my good but a speck
Very many times, I had been a jerk
My sins were so great on a lofty deck
My life- in one piece- was a total wreck

While I deeply slept, my soul was at stake
So much wrong I’d done, mistakes I did make
Few sincerity, so much I did fake
Sometimes I’d been true, severally I’d shake
Most of the time, though, I’d totally break

My Lord said to him, “His sins are forgiven”
He went through my wrongs, and had them unwritten
He took no count of how I’d been living
He let it all go as if it were nothing
Extravagant grace, to me He had given

“Look at this, Oh Lord,” my accuser said
Some journal of my errs from A to Zed
He showed several flops I had long past made
All the dirty words I had often said
Little did he know- my debts had been paid!

My Lord held the book and apart did tear
Cos back on that cross, my sins He did bear
He christened me Free; salvation my gear
And said  I could go and be of good cheer
For no harm or darts would ever me near

My saviour looked up at my accuser
“His sins are forgiven, now and forever
By my love and grace, I have made him better
Now flee thee from here and near him never!
I have paid his debts,” said my redeemer.

My foe had lost, and he looked so cheap
He turned to leave and of course, did slip
He bounded away with a odd leap
While God, my soul did watch and keep
Safe and saved, I snored in my deep sweet sleep.



Posted from WordPress for Android

Leave a Reply

What do you think about the above post?? Pls dont forget to comment with your name. Hman says so brrrr!

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Popular Post

Blogger templates

Powered by Blogger.

label

h

- Copyright © This is me......The cocky me. -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -